Wednesday 11 January 2017

Pathway - Research Trip











Pathway Phase - Research Trip 
Photographs From Rome and Milan


Here are some photographs from while I was in Italy.

I was looking particularly for the pairing "Secure / Insecure" as the Brexit vote has impacted a lot of my friends. I believe it was absolutely the wrong decision. I was struck by how in Rome particularly, Italian businesses and Embassies displayed the EU flag alongside their national flag. 

I was also considering how we use the illusion of security to "not let [things] bother us" when it can be taken away by a government at any time. How we can buy things to comfort ourselves thinking "It can't happen here".

Access to healthcare and running water is denied to such a large percentage of the global population...and in Europe, we take it for granted.

Welfare support, free healthcare, even Human Rights.

How long do we have? What do we use to fool ourselves into complacency?





No comments:

Post a Comment